Rainbow Space Magic (RSM) committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for everyone at the RSM convention including related social media and digital platforms. By attending RSM, all individuals are required to abide by RSM anti-harassment rules.
Code of Conduct
- RSM does not tolerate harassment of Attendees, Staff, Vendors/Dealers, or Guests by any other Attendee, Staff, Vendor/Dealer, or Guest. This includes but is not limited to:
- Offensive Verbal Comments
- Symbols or statements of hate toward, but not limited to, a person’s race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, body size, appearance, or religion.
- Use of electronic communications to do any of the above.
- The above harassing actions, symbols and/or statements are also not permitted as part of a presentation, panel, exhibit, or reading. RSM in its sole discretion will determine if a harassing action or statement has occurred or symbol has been used. RSM Staff will take prompt action in any form deemed appropriate toward anyone found in violation of this policy, which can range from asking an Attendee, Staff or Guest to leave the convention floor for a specified time up to expulsion from RSM or a lifetime ban from the convention.
- Any Attendee, Staff, Vendor/Dealer or Guest experiencing an uncomfortable or unsafe situation is asked to contact [email protected] with the subject line: CONDUCT VIOLATION. RSM staff members will be monitoring all panels, and a private chat message to the Zoom host will alert them to behavior within the panels or readings. Please take screencaps of the chat if possible and send as an email attachment to the RSM gmail account. On the Discord server, you can leave a note in #codeofconduct. After making a report, RSM staff will take action to address the incident. We will do our best to assist the Attendee, Staff, Vendor/Dealer or Guest to feel safe for the remainder of the convention.
- Overtly sexual imagery and language is not appropriate except during events or panels specified as covering adult topics that are open only to Attendees over 18 years of age. Attendees violating these rules may be expelled from RSM at the discretion of the co-chairs and/or committee.
- Guests and panelists should be aware that convention activities are recorded and may become public.
- We encourage you to follow our Guests on their public social media accounts as they are willing to share. Persistent requests for personal and private information is a violation of privacy and is grounds for expulsion from the convention. Examples include an Attendee persistently and unwantedly asking a Guest for their address, personal email, or other contact information that the Guest considers private.